Thursday, June 9, 2011

Let's Create a Better Universe, Together!

I suppose you think this is the follow-up to previous post about Building a Better Tomorrow, Tomorrow. But actually it is quite different.

Last night Bre Pettis of MakerBot Industries was on The Colbert Report with his Thing-O-Matic 3d Scanner. He made a small model of Stephen's head. And I could give you all the details, but I might get those details wrong. So, I would just suggest, no, urge you to either watch the show online at Colbert Nation, or go to Maker Bot Industries or even Thingiverse, where I got the title for this post: Let's Create a Better Universe, Together!

I would just add this. If you have always wanted Stephen's head for the top of your bannister, you need to get a Thing-O-Matic.

I would just warn you of one thing. I think Bre Pettis must have really gotten The Colbert Bump. Sometimes all I get is:

The connection has timed out.... The site could be too busy. I guess so!

If that happens, try again, maybe later when no one else is using the internet.

No comments: