Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Florence + the Machine

Yet more music for Stephen's Summer of Music with his StePhest Colbchella '011. Tonight it was Florence + the Machine. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

With the Presidential Race almost here (that's right - we only have to wait until November 2012), Stephen has found the perfect generic GOP candidate. So far, he's the only one who can win against Obama at this point. The perfect generic GOP candidate is a family man, athletic, loves flags, and only has one flaw.

Next up, Stephen interviewed Jack White of Third Man Records and will do so for two more shows this week. I'm assuming that will be on Wednesday and Thursday, but I might be wrong on that. I really wonder why someone would agree to be interviewed by Stephen. There's no way to win. There's no way to come out ahead when you go up against Stephen. I guess it's something that you do and put behind you, hoping that it will be worth the agony. Luckily for all of us, Stephen did sing during part of the interview.

For the musical portion of the show, Stephen dressed appropriately while Florence + the Machine performed. The song was "Dog Days are Over" and unfortunately, I don't think there is any bonus song at Colbert Nation. But the good news is that there are two more shows this week so that means two more musical performances to look forward to.

No comments: