Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Great or Greatest


After a energetic Pursuit of Tappiness dance routine with Stephen joining in, Stephen had as his guest Sugar Ray Leonard. Sugar Ray has a book out now, "The Big Fight - My Life In and Out of the Ring".

Stephen mentioned that Sugar Ray came to prominence at the 1976 Montreal Olympic Games. In fact, Sugar Ray was a gold medalist there.

Stephen asked if he missed the ring. "I don't miss getting hit!" is what Sugar Ray responded.

What surprises me if what Stephen did not ask this very famous fighter. Why didn't Stephen ask him if he was a Great Fighter or the Greatest Fighter? It's the type of question that Stephen is always curious about. Perhaps Stephen just assumed Sugar Ray was the greatest and didn't see a need to ask for confirmation. Or perhaps Stephen assumed that Sugar Ray wasn't the greatest and did not want to embarrass him.

But then things got somewhat physical with a simple, "One Two Three Four, I declare a Thumb War."

At which point Sugar Ray warned Stephen, "Now, you understand... I'm a fighter. I'm a real fighter.

At which point Stephen fought back with, "Now, you understand. I had eight brothers!"

I'm sure the results will be on all the sports news tomorrow, so no need for me to tell you who won. (Just remember. It is The Colbert Report, not The Leonard Report.)

No comments: