Wednesday, June 1, 2011

202-367-9951

Lower your interest rate??? Eligibility runs out soon???? This phone number showed up on Caller ID while I was out of town recently. 202-367-9951. I listened on the old answering machine and it was a recorded female voice and of course the first part of the conversation was clipped. I was supposed to press "1" to speak to a live operator to see if I am eligible to lower my interest rate. My interest rate on what??? Mortgage Company? Car Loan? Student Loan? Credit Card? She didn't say. She did say this was my "final notice" --- except that I get one of these calls every month or so.

Anyway, as a public service I offer this information to you in case you get that phone number showing up on your Caller ID. If I was you, I'd ignore this call and let the answering machine get it.

And since I'm on the National Do Not Call Registry, they probably shouldn't be calling anyway!

*** I hereby give this phone number the Colbert Un-Bump!

No comments: