Thursday, October 3, 2013

Midvale School For the Gifted

I decided a while back on a neat strategy to make myself exercise when I really didn't feel like doing so. I walked a mile after the first time the House voted to repeal ObamaCare. It went quite well. A mile is not that far to walk on a nice sunny day with a little bit of a breeze. Then they voted to repeal it a second time and I made myself walk two miles a day when they announced their vote to repeal ObamaCare. I figured that even if they should, for some strange reason, vote to repeal ObamaCare a third time, it would still be okay. The exercise was good for me and the weather has been great.

However, this plan of mine is not working out as well as I had anticipated. Who knew they would take it this far? Voting 42 times to try to get rid of some or all of ObamaCare?

You know what it reminds me of? That Far Side cartoon by Gary Larson, the one about Midvale School For the Gifted. It's the one with the kid pushing on the door to Midvale School For the Gifted even though the door handle says "Pull." No matter how many times he pushes on the door, he will not succeed in getting in to the building.

There must be a word for that. Something about doing the same thing over and over again.



No comments: