Tuesday, February 28, 2012

National Pancake Day

It's in the news. It's on TV. It's what everyone has been waiting for. That's right. February 28, 2012 is National Pancake Day.

How will you celebrate? Obviously, by eating pancakes, of course. But will you be dressing up as a pancake? Will you be writing and sending an editorial to your local newspaper? Will you be asking the candidates what their views on pancakes are? Will their answers influence your vote? Ah, so many questions to ponder when all we really want to do is head over to IHOP and indulge. Did you know they have free pancakes today? Would you believe their website is slow today?

I'm doing my part. I wrote this limerick in honor of that world-wide favorite food pancake and the internationally famous IHOP restaurant. (Disclaimer: I have actually never eaten at an IHOP. I just never seem to be in any cities where IHOP is located. It's on my bucket list.)

There once was a man strong and able
At IHOP with his wife named Mabel.
From flapjack to pancakes,
With coffee or milkshakes,
Good food they could eat at their table.

No comments: