Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Impossible Odds

First of all, I learned too late that I was not at Stephen Colbert's birthday party. I should have been suspicious when "Stephen" was shorter than I thought, older than I thought and would not take that mask off no matter what. Next year I will be a lot more careful about going to a birthday party for a big-name celebrity in a small name fast food restaurant. In my defense, there was a birthday tree there and it had a photo of Stephen at the top.

I really should have stayed home and got caught up with my posts. Oh, well...

There's the lame stream media out there and then there's Stephen and Fox News. I have come to realize that Stephen is always fair in anything he reports. Sometimes though I wonder about Fox News. Lately, in the past month or so, it seems that nothing President Obama does is what Fox News thinks the President should be doing. One idea would be for Fox to send to the President a daily agenda and talking points. Do this. Say this. That should keep everyone happy.

Stephen reported on the protests at the United States Embassy in Cairo and all the hoopla that goes with the neverending reporting by everyone about it. Four Americans were killed. Our thoughts are still with the families.But one woman, Ms. Rice, is being blamed. Ms. Rice was not completely accurate about something that happened in the Middle East. (Photos of Colin Powell, Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney and Ms. Rice appear on the set). Yikes, that's confusing. There is more than one Ms. Rice. I better clear that up. Susan Rice was the one who said that the attacks were "...spontaneously inspired by the protests at the U.S. Embassy in Cairo..." whereas Condoleezza Rice was the one who said, "Bin Laden determined to strike with in the U. S." I always get those two women mixed up. I'm glad Stephen had photos of everyone on the show

I'll hurry up on the rest of the show. I am so behind. There's a firestorm so Stephen got out some champagne and now the IRS is mad at him. And everyone is happy in France, bears are getting high on fumes. That's about what he said.

There were two guests on the show, Jessica Buchanan and her husband Erik Landemalm. Jessica was kidnapped by Somalian land pirates in 2011, held for $45 million ransom and rescued after 93 days by Navy SEAL Team Six. And thus the book, "Impossible Odds - the Kidnapping of Jessica Buchanan and Her Dramatic Rescue by SEAL Team Six." The title says it all, but go buy the book anyway.

No comments: