Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Enough is Enough

I've been watching the news tonight. Still lots of stuff about Congresswoman Michele Bachmann deciding not to run again in 2014. At least not for her current seat in Congress. She told everybody in a video. See previous post. And I thought to myself, if only Stephen was not on vacation, he could get her on the show tonight. But that won't work because she is in Russia. Wait a minute. What if .... Stephen was on vacation in Russia and saw Michele Bachmann in Russia and he could interview her there? It's possible. They could both be in the same Russian place at the same Russian time.

But back to the issue at hand. She said she had spent enough time in Congress, in that specific district. And I thought, why not look back on what she's accomplished, since  when her term is up she will have spent eight years working in Congress. Eight years is surely enough time to accomplish a lot of stuff.

I figured I would have to do a lot of research to find everything she did in the last three terms plus this one so far. Lucky break for me. Someone already did that research and posted it online at Huffington Post. There's some video of her, then a neat  chart of her Complete Legislative History, and then some photos of her waving. The neat chart is from govtrack.us. Charts are great because you can see everything in one neat little diagram.

Unfortunately, this chart doesn't have much substance. I guess I will have to do more research on her accomplishments and put it in another post at a later date. Check back here on June 31. I should have more information by then.

No comments: