Monday, August 20, 2012

Out-of-Studio Experiences

As I expected, it is repeats this week. Mark Shriver, Woody Harrelson, The Flaming Lips and fun. are on tap for this week. I know this not because I'm some "The Colbert Report" insider, but because I check out Colbert Nation on a regular basis. You can go there, scroll down a bit and see Upcoming Guests. While the repeats may be a disappointment to some people, the obvious explanation is right under the photo of "fun. (Repeat)." It says "Out-of-Studio Experiences." Occasionally, Stephen needs to leave the studio to cover the big stories. Remember when he went to Vancouver? Remember all the coverage of Curiosity landing on Mars? Well, Stephen has to go cover the story, no matter where that leads him. I'm not sure where he is now, but I do know that Jon Stewart is heading to Tampa Bay so I expect Stephen Colbert will probably hop on a plane or a bus or a motorcycle and make his way there also.

Any why? you might ask. Go ahead, ask. Because the GOP is going there for the RNC. That's right, the Grand Old Party is going to the Republican National Convention. Everyone will be there, including about 15,000 credentialed media. That most certainly should include Stephen Colbert. What would a political convention be like without him? (Bor-ing)

So watch repeats this week in anticipation of the greatest conservative in the country wowing us next week with his coverage of all things Republican. I can hardly wait.

No comments: