Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I Thought About Shooting Sparks Out My Butt

Tim Pawlenty was on The Colbert Report tonight. (Now I understand why Jon Stewart falls asleep when he's talking about Pawlenty.) He seemed more ill at ease than most guests on the show. And I think his comment about sparks was a little bit, well, creepy, at least for someone who wanted to run for president. It might not be out of character for Charlie Sheen though. (Concentrate. Don't imagine what Pawlenty would look like. Darn, I don't have the will-power like Stephen does to block that image of sparks and Pawlenty from my imagination.)

In the Ames Straw Poll, which is such a tiny, teeny tiny, number of people who vote, Tim Pawlenty came in third. Ron Paul came in second and nobody is talking about him. Rick Parry, who wasn't even on the ballot, came in sixth and everyone is talking about him. So, the Ames Straw Poll shouldn't be construed to mean that much. But people apparently like to start making predictions already, based on not very much information.

So, now here I go making a prediction based on not very much information. (Oh, don't worry, I do this all the time. I'm usually wrong.) I think part of the reason Tim Pawlenty dropped out was so that he didn't have to criticize any of the other candidates any more. Now, when someone is finally chosen to run for President, Pawlenty is hoping that they will think of him for the running mate. He was supposed to be picked instead of Sarah Palin back when John McCain was running against Obama (That One). Word is Pawlenty was just sitting around by his phone waiting and waiting for McCain to call him. So, he probably figures the second time is the charm.

The most important part of the show was unfortunately, just after the show, so we did not get to see it. Stephen was just putting on the very special Prescott Orthopedics Placebo-cizers toning shoes. And this even after the American Council on Exercise claims that the claim that toning shoes help tone your body has no validity. The toning shoes do not offer any benefits.

So, I would have loved to have watched Stephen walking in those shoes. The left shoe had a 6-inch stiletto heel and the right shoe had a patented cinderblock glued to the bottom of it. Oh, yes, it would have been interesting to watch Stephen walk about in those shoes. I'm sure all the audience members got to see him walk. And I would bet that he did a fairly decent job of walking in the rather unique shoes.

No comments: