Wednesday, September 28, 2011

404-478-6372

This call was a recording from, if I remember correctly, Jennifer from ESG Research Group. It may have been ESC, but I'm pretty sure she said ESG. They just wanted me to take a short survey, and I think she may have said 30 seconds, and then I would win a 2-day Bahama Cruise. (All I would have to do was pay some fee and gratuities. No way of knowing how much that would cost!) And the survey, it was about debt or our country's debt. Not sure because she talked too fast and of course since it was a recording, I couldn't ask her to repeat anything. I should press "1" to continue or "9" to decline and be removed from their list.

Of course this is something you should decline. Too good to be true? You betcha! For one thing, you might have to fly to the Bahamas in order to get on the cruise ship. (Years ago on the old Magnum P.I. show, Magnum won the grand prize. He won a free flight to and from Hawaii.)

And the cruise ship, well it could be a 30 foot fishing boat. And it could be that you get to go on the cruise but you don't actually get a cabin or room or bed to sleep in. That might be one of the fees that you have to pay. Do you get to go on the cruise, but you have to wash dishes if you want to eat? Is someone really going to give away wonderful vacation opportunities to a bunch of people just for saying "Yes" or "No" or "Agree" or "Disagree" on some phone survey?

Caller ID is so nice. If you get a call from this number, ignore it. It's most likely way too good to be true.

No comments: