Saturday, July 30, 2011

855-743-3251

Just a brief posting to let you know another phone number that shows up on my Caller ID. This one, 855-743-3251, was from Ohio. The woman said she's not calling for a donation. However it was one of those, "We'll send out stamps and envelopes and you mail them to the people on your street, okay?"

Autism Disorder Foundation was who she was calling for and of course she was quite pushy. I did find one website that said they spend 36% of total expenses on program services during the year reported. I think that means if you send them a dollar, they will spend 36 cents on the kids.

I did go looking a little bit and found the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism. It has a rating of 3 out of 4 stars at Charity Navigator. So that seems like a better cause if you want to donate to Autism. And so far, they haven't called me on the phone, so that's a plus for them.

Update: See newer posting about Autism Disorder Foundation.

No comments: