Wednesday, November 7, 2012

We Won! We Won!

I accurately predicted that almost half of the candidates would win and I was right. Yeah yeah I know. In any group of races one person will win and one will not. And yes, there are more than just two candidates for some offices, but by and large, half of those candidates running will win. So I can claim to have predicted something that was sort of accurate about the election. I take credit where credit is due. Next time I will actually name names. That would give a certain validity to my predictions.

In order to know who won, I had to stay up late, very late. So late that the bakers were already at the bakery baking and the night watchmen were on their last walk through the art gallery. What that means is that I didn't get to watch the wonderful election coverage from Stephen. Don't tell me how it ends. I do have it on TiVo. I'll watch this afternoon and then I'll write about the election coverage.

What I did want to mention though is a certain guest on The Colbert Report accurately predicted who would win the White House. (Spoiler Alert --- The winner was Barack Obama.)

The guest - Nate Silver.

Now, as Stephen says, go buy his book. Just one thing though. No one can say why sales have soared by 800 percent. Was it the election result or was it the Colbert Bump? You be the judge.


No comments: