Monday, February 21, 2011

Will the Real Ronald Reagan Please Stand Up !

Not much time to write tonight. I didn't catch the beginning of the show. I only saw Stephen talking about Rick Santorum briefly and then Stephen did the interview. Tonight Stephen's interview was with Eugene Jarecki. Mr. Jarecki has a documentary about Ronald Reagan, the real Ronald Reagan, which is being shown on HBO. What we hear about so often today is a myth. For example, Ronald Reagan raised taxes 6 out of the 8 years he was in office and yet you keep hearing people say that Reagan is the poster boy for cutting taxes. Not so! I did a little googling on the internet machine about this topic. Most people who are knowledgeable about Reagan know he would not have been in or of the Tea Party. Go read about it if interested.

Now, if only I had HBO, I could watch the documentary myself and report to you what it was about. Alas, one can only hope that Stephen will watch it for us and do a report on a later show.

No comments: