Thursday, December 1, 2011

An Eye For an iPod

I am not unattractive.

No, I'm not talking about myself. And I'm not just giving more examples of double negatives like I did in yesterday's post. Actually, this is what Senator Lori Klein said when talking about her relationship with Herman Cain. Stephen had similar words to say about himself when he claimed, "I am not unhandsome." He also mentioned about Herman Cain canceling his appearance on The Colbert Report not once, but twice!

Copyright Infringement - Stephen had a back and forth discussion with Danny Goldberg, President of gold Village Entertainment and Jonathan Zittrain, Professor of Internet Law, Harvard Law School. It's not good to copy stuff on the internet, mmm okay? That is the issue the three of them discussed briefly. In other words, they did not discuss it at length, they discussed in at short-th. It's a discussion that will be ongoing I am sure. On the one hand, thousands, millions, perhaps even billions of dollars are lost in the US due to copyright infringement or downright piracy of intellectual property. But on the other hand, do we really want to throw someone like Justin Bieber in jail because he started out singing his favorite songs on YouTube? I didn't think so.

And just so that we keep the presidential race in mind, Stephen talked briefly about Mitt Romney and Bret Baier. Stephen does not like the hard questions Bret asked of Mitt.

Friend of the show Richard Branson, I mean Sir Richard Branson was on tonight. I think he must have seen the trouble that Brian Williams had with fire alarms recently because he brought a fire extinguisher with him. That seemed strange. Sir Richard Branson is an interesting person. For one thing, he has lots of money, so he most assuredly is in the 1%, and yet he seems to think and act like someone in the 99%. Go read about him over at Wikipedia. Read about his activism. Read about the Elders.

Tonight Sir Richard Branson was on to promote his new book, "Screw Business As Usual." You may remember when Sir Richard was on the show one other time that there was a bit of a water fight between host and guest. Well that did not happen tonight. I would send a warning to everyone, but especially the young folks. Kids, do not do this at home. (Go over to Colbert Nation and watch the episode live to see what I am talking about.)

No comments: