Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Colbert Trumps Trump

I'm not much of a card player, so I hope I'm using that verb correctly. As some of you may recall, back on October 9, 2009, I had a post about Conservapedia entitled Special Message from Conservapedia where I suggested that Conservapedia had given Stephen Colbert the famous Colbert Bump. I also mentioned that Pat Robertson had 9,180 hits on his page while Stephen Colbert had 95,815 hits on his page.

Today I decided to see how those numbers have changed. Pat Robertson has increased his numbers to 13,443 while Stephen is now at 176,176! Wow, I think Conservapedia really did give Stephen the Colbert Bump.

Then I decided to check out a few other people. First I searched for Newt, but all I got was this short article:

"Newt are amphibians with four legs, and a tail. They are outwardly similar to lizards, despite being members of a different class of the animal kingdom - like lizards, they can regenerate limbs, but unlike lizards, they have soft slimy skin instead of scales."

Well that seemed strange, so then I searched for Newt Gingrich and then I found the guy who is going to run for the GOP nomination for president. If you don't remember him, he's the guy who loves his wife so much that he's had three of them so far. Anyway, his page has been accessed 15,531 times.

Then I looked for Tim Pawlenty, the old T Paw, and found that his page has been accessed 4,380 times. For Sarah Palin, (wow, they had almost a book on her page) there were 1,005,585 hits for that page. For Michele Bachmann, the number stands at 69,171. And for The Donald (Donald Trump, not Donald Pellview) the grand total is 5,711 times.

A few more names and numbers: Ron Paul is at 42,590. OMG, Barack Obama is so popular on Conservapedia that 2,204,356 people have looked at his page. I guess conservatives must like Obama as much as liberals do. Interesting. Mitt Romney is at 32,200 times that his page has been accessed. Mike Huckabee has 31,561 for his number.

I don't know that any of those number mean anything especially important, it's just interesting on a rainy day to do a little Conservative reading. If you want to get your own Colbert Bump, you can read about Stephen Colbert on Conservapedia here.

No comments: