Thursday, April 3, 2014

10% Happier

Last night Stephen talked about Climate Change and how Tennessee plans on executing prisoners on death row.

So it was with much relief that his guest was Dan Harris, author of 10% Happier" How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works -- A True Story.

Reading that title meant that Stephen had almost no time left for the interview. But Dan Harris did tell Stephen and the audience members how to meditate.

1. Sit with your spine straight.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Concentrate on your breathing.

I always had trouble meditating. I would worry about all the things we worry about. Dan Harris talked about that. If your mind starts wandering, bring it back to just concentrating on your breathing.

Good advice. Everyone try it. You probably will be 10% happier.

No comments: