Thursday, August 15, 2013

John Oliver

Oh, I know what you're going to say. This is supposed to be about Stephen Colbert. Well, it will be tomorrow or whenever I get a chance to watch tonight's The Colbert Report. But Stephen is going on break and we won't see him until September 3. I'll surely have time in that long break to get caught up on past shows.

So I just wanted to take a chance to give a shout-out to John Oliver for doing a smashing fine job filling in for Jon Stewart on The Daily Show while Jon was directing Rosewater. Many of the other correspondents, past and present, also gave John Oliver a shout-out on the Daily Show tonight. They all had choice words for John Oliver.

Jon Stewart comes back, coincidentally, also on September 3. I hope that Jon enjoyed his time off and I also hope he will be glad to be back. Just like I can't imagine The Colbert Report with anyone other than Stephen Colbert at the helm, I can't imagine The Daily Show without Jon Stewart. But I will say again, John Oliver did a smashing fine job filling in. Smashing fine.

No comments: