Monday, January 7, 2013

Action, Camera, Lights....

The logical title would have been "Lights, Camera, Action" but I decided to spice things up a bit and put the words in alphabetical order. Stephen is back tonight. It seems like it's been forever, but it's only been three weeks, give or take a few days. Getting back to the title though. Typically on a TV or movie set first you would turn on the lights and make sure those are all working and that there was the correct amount of good lighting. Then you would turn on the cameras, again making sure they were working correctly. Only then would the actors begin with their lines or songs or dances, etc.

One can imagine someone like Stephen shaking it up and doing it my way. First the actors start talking and moving around. Then the cameras start rolling. Finally the lights come on but by now people have been unable to read their cue cards, someone has tripped over the dog on the rug by the fireplace, the butler has poured the bourbon into grandma's lap, and everything is in general disarray.

Oh my gosh. You can see what three weeks without The Colbert Report has done to me. I've had to make up these little scenarios just to keep myself entertained. Thank heavens Stephen will be back in just a few hours.

Here's what's up for this week, according to Colbert Nation. Tonight is Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia Co-founder. This should be really interesting. I think he might talk about soup. Then we have Chris Kluwe, football player, from the Minnesota Vikings. Neil Shubin will show up on Wednesday and I have a feeling Stephen might get confused about Organismal Biology and Anatomy. Maybe not, but there is that possibility. Rounding out the week is Ben Gibbard, musician, so the possibility of some music at the end of the week is there to tempt us.

I am so glad he is back. My brain has been wasting away watching the mainstream liberal media and trying to make sense of it all by myself. Tonight, Stephen will make sense of it for me, and I can once again be informed.

Welcome back!

No comments: