Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Björk

Today was the Florida Primary. I hope everyone in Florida took the opportunity to vote. We got to find out who endorsed whom and who probably won. It's confusing but let me try to fill in all the blanks. Herman Cain endorsed Newt Gingrich but would be comfortable with Mitt Romney. Stephen endorsed Cain's endorsement of Newt. Duke Cunningham has endorsed Newt and has said, "I have 80% of inmates that would vote for you." And finally, Sarah Palin has endorsed Newt, at least, I'm pretty sure that's what she was talking about. But maybe not. Hard to tell. Just ignore what I wrote about Sarah Palin and wait until I find out for sure. She will probably speak again.

Founding Fathers - I didn't even know they were lost! Those were those guys who lived a long time ago and started this country with all that liberty and freedom stuff. Turns out lots of them owned slaves which would kind of be the opposite of liberty and freedom. We learned that some folks don't like that stuff in the history books. They don't like talking about it. For example, Stephen had a clip of a news team (I'm not sure who the guy and gal were) reporting this: "The Tennessee Tea Party is telling state politicians we need to tone down talk of slavery and stop making it about race."

You can read about changes to history books here. Or read about it here. Maybe they can just take the word "history" out of the title, that might work. Just call them books. They can get the Grimm brothers to write the books.

Björk - I don't typically give a fashion update on Stephen's guests, but I would be remiss if I did not say something about Björk. She was wearing blue and had very fluffy red hair with blue, green and purple highlights.

It was a short but interesting interview. Stephen accused her of combining science and music. She probably even threw in some math. Just go look at her website and have some fun. I am impressed, I will admit that. Very interesting animation. (Click and move mouse.)

She sang for us and of course the good news is that if you didn't watch tonight, you can watch on Colbert Nation tomorrow. But of course you already knew that didn't you?

Update: If you want to get the maximum enjoyment from her website, I recommend using a regular computer. On an iPad it is cute, but nowhere near the detail and experience as on a full screen device. Also, Björk is Icelandic. If you are looking for a wonderfully different vacation destination, look no further than Iceland which was my suggestion for Stephen Colbert's vacation for August 28, 2011.

And if you are wondering why this artist just uses her first name, here's one possible explanation.

Björk Guðmundsdóttir is her full name. Not that difficult to pronounce, (click on the speaker icon in the box with her name) but still probably a smart decision on her part.

No comments: