Wednesday, November 16, 2011

JFK

We find out from Stephen the best way to learn about Foreign Policy and World Economics. Go on a luxury cruise the way Newt Gingrich did. That's how Newt researched the current situation in Greece. It makes me want to study global finance because I think I could get used to the "classroom" if you know what I mean.

While Ron Paul is busy getting a calendar made for 2012, complete with very attractive young women for each month, some of the other presidential candidates are declaring their support for waterboarding.

Stephen talked about recent reports of police using pepper spray on protesters. He has no problem with that because pepper spray is not that bad. He even had quotes to back up this belief. But sometimes just saying something is not good enough. A demonstration is much better. Stephen is just the man to be willing to back up his words with action. He demonstrated right on his show how perfectly harmless pepper spray is.

"Jimmy, send in the 10 year-old boy!" It was a good demonstration. It went about the way I expected it would. I'm just glad he didn't demonstrate waterboarding.

Chris Matthews was on the show tonight for the interview. He has written another book, maybe you've already heard about it. "Jack Kennedy - Elusive Hero." Most of us know that John F. Kennedy was the 35th President and that he was assassinated. Some even know he was a war hero. But there is so much more about Kennedy that is truly important in understanding his life. The book by Chris Matthews does sound interesting and intriguing. So, now I should decide if I want a calendar or a book in my Christmas Stocking this year.

As a special treat tonight, Stephen read a bedtime story. It had all the usual characters but their names were quite confusing to me.

Note: Chris Matthews was on The Colbert Report back when Donald Pellview was filling in for Stephen. You can read that post here.

No comments: