Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baking a Cake

I'm almost certain that today Stephen is baking a cake for his good friend Bill, or William Shatner as he is known to most of us. Why a cake and why today? Well, today is James T. Kirk's birthday. Or it will be in the year 2228.

I'm hoping that the cake looks like the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701). It might be a little bit difficult to get the cake to stand upright on a plate, but if he balances it carefully, he should have no trouble getting it to look perfect.

A marble cake with white fluffy frosting would taste best. He can use some of those shiny Christmas cookie decorations for windows. Or maybe a carrot cake with just plain white frosting if he wanted to make something a little bit healthier. Now I'm getting so hungry that I think I will make a cake, just a rectangular one, in order to help celebrate the future birthday of Jim Kirk.

If you want to read a bit more about James Tiberius Kirk, you can also look here at his official biography. I only glanced at it briefly, but I am seeing a bit of a discrepancy. Some sources say he will be born in 2228, and some say 2233. When the actual day of his birth rolls around, I will post the correct year here. Keep watching.

And if you want to celebrate the birthday of Captain James T. Kirk in his actual birthplace on Earth, look no further than Trekfest XXVIII in Riverside, Iowa.

So, it's a good day to bake a cake and I'm quite sure that is how Stephen is spending his day today. Let me know if I'm wrong and I will make that correction.

No comments: