Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Let My People Glow

I hope that tonight's post can shed a little light on an important topic. That of course is light bulbs. Quite a bit of the show tonight was about light bulbs. While Stephen did mention Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota and her famous or infamous crusade to save the humble lightbulb with her Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act, it was actually another woman, Dale Bryk, that he talked to on the show. She is director of Natural Resources Defense Council's Air and Energy Program.

It was illuminating to hear her discuss incandescent and compact fluorescent light bulbs and the impact they will have on life as we know it. The new bulbs, CFLs, will save lots of energy and thus lots of money, so that is a good thing. A really good thing.

Regardless of the money saved, Michele Bachmann still doesn't like them. You could find out more information about her and the light bulbs by using Google. I imagine since she basically wants to dump the new fangled light bulbs, you could Google "dump" + "bachmann" and that should bring you to the information you need.

Dan Sinker was the guest tonight, but I'm not convinced that it was the real Dan Sinker, so I won't be mentioning anything more about him.

(By the way, last night's show was good I think, but I can't remember who the guest was no matter how I try, so I guess there will be no post about that show.)

In closing, the most important thing we have all learned tonight is that Stephen is still waiting for his free iPad 2. I can't believe he had to mention it again tonight. Somebody better get going and get that new iPad 2 to Stephen.

No comments: