Wednesday, October 5, 2011

More Cowbell

In shocking news (and I admit, I got this news from friend of the show, Jon Stewart) Sarah Palin is not, I repeat, not going to run for President. Did anyone see this coming? I mean, I know she was going to let us know by the end of September what her plans were and of course up in Alaska, the days sometimes get frozen and stick together. But, not running? She's been studying so much and has learned lots about people and places and things - you know, nouns and such.

Wow. Well anyway, her fellow Republican, Herman Cain, or as she likes to call him, Herb Cain, made a big mistake. He was on The View recently and said he believes homosexuality is a choice. Joy Behar challenged him on that and he clarified with, "You show me the science that says it's not (a choice) and I could be persuaded."

Well, Stephen caught him in that faux pas. A Republican acknowledging the existence of Science???? Big mistake.

And it did not go unnoticed. Read what the Log Cabin Republicans had to say about Herman Cain's comment.


Tonight's guest was actually tonight's guests. Black Star, or should I say, Talib Kweli and Yasiin Bey, showed up to chat with Stephen and perform. They even brought classy warrior accessories for Stephen to wear, which he did and might I add, he looked marvelous! They performed world exclusive, "Fix Up." They also discussed with Stephen the difference between corporate rap and underground rap. Mostly they said there isn't a middleman. Stephen disagreed, claiming to be the actual middleman.

But anyway, Stephen promised The Colbert Bump for Black Star and I'm quite sure they got it.

No comments: