Thursday, November 3, 2011

National EAS Test


Loyal readers know that sometimes I sometimes post information that I consider to be public service messages. Information about telemarketer calls is just one example.

Today I saw this announcement on my TV machine about the National EAS Test. It will be nationwide, thus the word National. It is the Emergency Alert System, thus the initials EAS. Most importantly, and I cannot stress this enough, it is only a Test, and so yes, the word Test.

There you have it, the National EAS Test. The guy on TV said to share the information with friends, neighbors, co-workers, etc. You can visit the FCC website to find out more information. Perhaps one other important detail would be when this test happens, so here it is:

National Emergency Alert System Test
November 9, 2011
2:00 PM EST

If I remember my geography correctly, that would mean 1:00 PM Central, 12:00 Noon Mountain, and 11:00 AM Pacific time.

Now I'm really going rogue and I'm going to make a fun suggestion. When this happens, everyone start jogging in place. We will all be a little bit healthier. It will help us remember what to do in case this had been a real emergency. And maybe, just maybe, the USA could get into the Guinness Book for most people jogging at one time.

Oh! And don't forget to set your clocks back an hour this weekend.

No comments: